BUILD A THRIVING WORK CULTURE. COMBAT SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE.
Hollaback! provides businesses with a suite of holistic offerings to bolster your organizational culture and combat sexual harassment in the workplace. Each business we collaborate with receives a custom experience tailored to your needs to shape your anti-harassment policies, train your staff, and manage meaningful responses to harassment in the office.
EMPOWER YOUR EMPLOYEES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
For over a decade, Hollaback!’s global people-powered movement has shared its proven methodologies – from online to the streets to the workplace – to end harassment. Hollaback! offers hands-on, in-person trainings that are compliant with all federal, state, and city laws that moves beyond do’s and don’ts. Our offerings include:
- Bystander Intervention Training. Our research shows that as little as a knowing glance can reduce trauma in the face of harassment, but the wrong response can actually increase trauma. We will equip your employees with the right information on how to be an effective bystander in the midst of workplace harassment.
- Annual Sexual Harassment Prevention Training. We’ll provide your staff with a robust, interactive sexual harassment training that is compliant with state, city, and federal laws. Our training defines harassment and offers resources in the event that sexual harassment occurs on your team. We’ll ensure that your team understands complaint filing and retaliation, and we will return each year to train new hires. Not sure if sexual harassment training is required in your state? Click here to see the laws across the US.
- De-escalation Training. If your team directly interfaces with the public — chances are they will face moments where things are heated, and they are expected to know what to do. Make sure your team is armed with de-escalation techniques so that they can show up into these moments as leaders.
- Resilience Training. We’ll offer workshops to enhance your employee job satisfaction and community building for your team. Hollaback! will provide tools for individuals to successfully manage stress, competing timelines, roles and responsibilities, while also facilitating better communication, conflict management and rapport across your team.
- Digital Safety Training. employees digital safety? We’ll teach your team how to prevent online harassment and violence through preventative measures designed to ensure their safety. We also offer training and consulting packages for management seeking to shore up their organization’s infrastructure to support their staff in the event of online harassment or violence.
“How do we build a work culture that lives and breathes our values? How do our teams become authentic ambassadors of what we want to create in world? I’m interested in guiding us to walk the walk, aligning intentions with actions.”
In 2005, at the age of 24, Emily May co-founded Hollaback! in New York City, and in 2010 she became its first full-time executive director. Under her leadership, the organization has scaled to over 21 cities in 16 countries — and includes a thriving operation with an excellent team of bystander intervention trainers, problem solvers, and movement leaders. We are deeply passionate about shifting the culture of harassment through legal policy, shaping harassment-free work environments, and strengthening interpersonal relationships inside and outside of the workplace.
READ WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY
Erin Bakst, Senior VP of People & Culture, Vox Media:
“Hollaback’s bystander intervention training is a key component of Vox Media’s anti-harassment initiative and one that we found to be hugely beneficial. While there are many ways the company can try to prevent and combat harassment, equipping our managers and employees with actual tactics to intervene when they witness harassment is perhaps even more powerful. And an added bonus is that this extends beyond the workplace. From a vendor perspective, I found Hollaback to be so incredibly flexible to work with. They took the time to understand our culture, our needs, and how their training would fit into the bigger picture. Their training isn’t just “plug and play” – it really reflects the company they’re working with.”
Jason Reich, Buzzfeed:
“Hollaback helped us run a very successful human centered design workshop to address challenges around the ongoing harassment of [our employees]. With their help, we were able to develop a program that focuses on creating a resilient workforce coupled with proactive support measures for our staff. I am very confident in their depth of knowledge and practice as they help us forge new best practices for this complex issue.”