Everyone holds implicit biases. That doesn’t make us “bad people,” it just means that we have work to do. This one-hour, interactive training will teach you how to understand and begin to undo your own implicit biases using three tangible strategies.
WE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO ATTEND A FREE IMPLICIT BIAS TRAINING:
We’ve had a tremendous demand for our free training series and our trainings regularly sell out. Please note you must register in advance for all trainings. They will be capped at 1,000 people.
- September 24th, 2020 at 12:30pm ET/11:30am CT/ 10:30am MT/ 9:30am PT/ 6:30 am HST. Register Here
- October 28th, 2020 at 5:00pm ET/ 4:00pm CT / 3:00pm MT / 2:00pm PT/ 10:00am HST Register Here
- November 20th, 2020 at 4:00pm ET/ 3:00pm CT/ 2:00pm MT/ 1:00pm PT/ 10:00am HST. Register Here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. The training is currently only offered in English but we are seeking funding to expand it into other languages. Additionally, please note at the moment this training may not be ADA compliant.
Everyone holds implicit biases. That doesn’t make us “bad people,” it just means that we have work to do. This one-hour, interactive training will teach you how to understand and begin to undo your own implicit biases. We’ll start by learning the brain science behind implicit bias, and how the part of the brain that used to protect us now holds us back. Through polls, brief thought experiments, and journaling, we’ll reflect on how implicit bias can show up in our actions and the impacts those biases can have on ourselves and our teams. Then we’ll roll our sleeves up and get to work, practicing three concrete ways that you can begin to undo bias in your own life. You’ll leave more confident in your ability to see and undo bias.
- How to Outsmart Your Own Unconscious Bias, Valerie Alexander at TEDxPasadena
- We all have implicit biases. So what can we do about it?, Dushaw Hockett at TEDxMidAtlanticSalon
TALK TO OUR TEAM:
To learn more about how we can customize this training for your team or business and connect with one of a member of our training team, please complete the form below: