From Hollaback! HQ
Hey Hollas!! This week couldn’t have happened without you!!! Thank you for your continuous support. Here’s a toast to you, Hollas!! Let’s get to the #HollaUpdates, shall we? The #16DaysOfActivism “Stand Up Against Street Harassment” campaign training sessions are still going on. Check out the dates!
Stand Up Against Street Harassment: How To Intervene And Respond To Gender-based Harassment
TRAINING DATES AND TIMES:
- Dec 6, 2020 11:00 AM ET/ 10:00 am CT/ 9:00 am MT/ 8:00 am PT/ 5:00 am HST. Register Here.
- Dec 7, 2020 05:00 PM ET/ 4:00 pm CT/ 3:00 pm MT/ 2:00 pm PT/ 11:00 am HST (In Spanish) Register Here.
- Dec 8, 2020 11:00 AM ET/ 10:00 am CT/ 9:00 am MT/ 8:00 am PT/ 5:00 am HST. (In Spanish) Register Here.
- Dec 9, 2020 06:00 PM ET/5:00 pm CT/ 4:00 pm MT/ 3:00 pm PT/11:00 am HST. Register Here.
- Dec 10, 2020 10:00 AM ET / 09:00 am CT/ 8:00 am MT/ 7:OO am PT/ 3:00 am HST. Register Here.
“Everyone holds implicit biases. That doesn’t make us ‘bad people,’ it just means that we have work to do. This one-hour, interactive training will teach you how to understand and begin to mitigate your own implicit biases using 8 tools.”
Undoing Implicit Biases
- December 9th, 2020 at 4:00pm ET/ 3:00pm CT/ 2:00pm MT/ 1:00pm PT/ 10:00am HST. Register Here.
Bystander Intervention to Stop Police Sponsored Violence and Anti-Black Racist Harassment
- Monday, December 14th at 4:00 PM ET/ 3:00 PM CT/ 2:00 PM MT/ 1:00 PM PT/ 10:00 AM HST. Register Here.
Around The World
Shout out to @HollabackBahamas @EqualityBahamas for doing an amazing job for #16DaysofActivism! They did a number of discussions on different topics, from Healthy Relationships and Online Safety, LGBTQ+ Community, Masculinity, and Gender-based Violence, to Women in the Workplace with well-known Caribbean feminist activists, scholars, organizations. Shout out to Amilcar Sanatan, Taitu Heron (WAND), Allicia Rolle, Nalita Gajadhar, Simmone Bowe, Ardra Manasi (CWGL). You have truly shown the world to never underestimate the power of a small group of committed change makers.
Catch you in our next issue of A Week In Our Shoes!
Asha, WIOS Editor