Happy Friday Hollas! We’ve had so much going on this week. Whether it’s in the office, around the country or around the world, our feminist revolution is always under way.
FROM HOLLABACK HQ
- This Tuesday, Debjani did a training of trainers at Boston University’s School of Public Health.
- This week, Emily and Tamar were at the Obama Foundation Summit!
- Debjani did a digital workshop on Bystander Intervention this week.
- Debjani spoke to Newsweek about sexual harassment. Check out what she said in this article about Mary Sue’s Rejection Hotline.
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Detroit co-hosted a “Costumes Don’t Equal Consent Thrills and Chills Sex Trivia night” with Planned Parenthood Advocates of Michigan on Oct 30th.
- On November 1st, Elaine from Hollaback! Belfast was on BBC Northern Ireland’s Nolan Live tv show discussing sexual harassment and #metoo. UK viewers can still see it on BBC iPlayer.
- HeartMob joined the fight for Net Neutrality! Our friends from the Center of Media Justice hosted a congressional briefing on “INTERNET FREEDOM NOW: The Future of Civil Rights Depends on Net Neutrality.” Check out their stream here.
- HeartMob has an upcoming webinar on Wednesday, November 15th at 3-4pm EST and it’s free! Register to learn how to stand up for your friends when they’re facing online harassment.
- If you are facing harassment online, you are not alone. Join the HeartMob community and we’ll give you the support you need.
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- This week, The People’s Supper Team was in Chicago for the first Obama Foundation Summit!
- The People’s Supper co-hosted a supper with former Senior Policy Advisor for Nutrition Policy Sam Hass and Michael Heb b of Let’s Have Dinner and Talk About Death. Hundreds of Summit attendees got together to reflect on questions of identity and community.
- Here’s how you can get involved: Sign up at thepeoplessupper.org/host-a-supper and join the movement.
- We’re looking for site leaders to make an impact in communities around the world! Visit our website to find out how you can get involved.
- We have more bystander intervention trainings coming soon.
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team