Hope the summer is treating you well and you’re taking time for yourself! In the meantime, we’re excited to share all that we’ve been up to here in NYC and all over the world!
AT HOLLABACK HQ
- Yesterday, we hosted an in-person bystander intervention training co-sponsored by WAM-NYC at Brooklyn Public Library. We also hosted another bystander intervention digital training!
- Our bystander intervention coordinator Agunda Okeyo talked with HELLO BEAUTIFUL about The 5 D’s Of Bystander Intervention!
- We participated in a historic day for #NetNeutrality, in which their message to keep the Internet a place for creativity, free expression and exchange of ideas was reached by over 10 million people online!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Levanta La Voz Madrid’s founder Deborah wrote about biphobia during the World Pride march in Madrid, including stories from bisexuals who experienced biphobic harassment during the protest.
- Hollaback! Cuenca participated at a local march against femicide on July 5th, where they demanded justice for all women murdered by they couples.
- They also talked about street harassment at a performance workshop held by their local government, where attendees students dressed as different genders to reflect on how they felt in public spaces. They found that the women participating felt safer dressed as men.
- Today Leah gave HeartMob’s “How to Help Your Friends When They’re Harassed Online” presentation to Duke University’s Moxie Project leadership development program participants.
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- On Monday, Emily hosted an Understanding Harassment Online Workshop as part of our Online Workshop series for the People Supper community.
- On Tuesday, Jen Bailey, in partnership with #LoveArmy, was a guest at their third FB Live teach-in titled, “Is Unity What We Need?”
- We have over 70 BBQ suppers hosts across the country ready to host this month! To join one of our July BBQ Suppers click here and type The People’s Pledge into “What brings you to the table?”
- Register for our next HeartMob webinar on July 17th learn how to support your friends when they’re harassed online.
- NYC! Join us for FREE at The New School on July 17th with NOW-NYC and at Verso Books July 19th for our next in-person bystander intervention training!
- Farther away? Using the promo code hollabacksummer, you can attend a digital bystander intervention training for FREE through the end of July. Sign up for our next one on July 20th!
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team