We’ve had a lot going on this past week, from here in NYC to all over the world! Check out what we’ve been up to and how you can get involved…
AT HOLLABACK HQ
- Debjani lead a bystander intervention training for Pride with the Manhattan Borough President and Public Advocate’s office at the Jewish Community Center in Harlem. She also led a national bystander intervention digital workshop.
- Debjani also continued her conversation with “CB8 Speaks,” a monthly cablecast, with the second installation of a two-part episode on making public spaces safe for everyone.
- She also spoke with WBAI Radio on street harassment, hate violence and intervention strategies.
- We joined the Anti Violence Project’s Twitter Town Hall #Not1Story and helped make it a trending topic! Check out the highlights here.
- Leah represented Hollaback! at the MAG-Net Membership Assembly on Thursday and is participating this weekend in the Allied Media Conference in Detroit!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Vancouver is headed to Montreal to speak about nightlife harassment!
- Hollaback! Jakarta cohosted a chalkwalk and garage sale fundraiser for House of Grace, a non-profit that provides a safe house for survivors of sexual violence.
- Hollaback! Ottawa spoke with Metro News and issued a press release on their work with their public transit authority and sexual harassment.
- Make sure to check out their twitter account @theheartmob this Monday for the launch of a new Twitter campaign!
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- The People’s Supper is partnering with the Dream Defenders to host a #DayofDinners on June 25th. We will hold hundreds of dinners across the U.S. reaching thousands of people. Be part of the movement – sign up here.
- They have also launched The Pledge of Allegiance to Each Other for the 4th of July. This Pledge and our BBQ Suppers, held during the week of July 4th, are commitments to build an America of tolerance, understanding, and justice for all. Sign the pledge and join a BBQ Supper!
- Debjani led a bystander intervention digital workshop for The People’s Supper participants.
- Emily gave an amazing keynote talk “When Everything Hurts, Is Healing Even Possible?” at the Personal Democracy Forum. Listen to her personal experience on the importance of efforts like the The People’s Supper in fostering empathy across difference.
- Debjani will be attending a women’s leadership program with Omega next weekend!
- Check out our upcoming digital workshops on Bystander Intervention and get trained up! (Use the discount code hollabacksummer to register for free!).
- Join us this Sunday for A Night of Burlesque and Trivia to benefit Hollaback!
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team