It may be fall, but this week has felt like spring here in New York! Regardless, ‘tis the season to make waves, and here’s what’s been going on at HQ:
- Following a collection of women coming forward with sexual assault allegations against Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump, we published a letter in defense of these women. We see, hear and support them, and all other survivors of sexual violence. You are all brave, strong warriors!
- We recently launched a weekly initiative called Self Care Sunday to promote mental health and self-care. Every Sunday, we will focus on posting self-care related photos and articles on social media, and we encourage you all to join the movement! Take some time out for yourself, use the hashtag #SelfCareSunday, and share your care!
- And last but not least, this is a reminder that we will be hosting a Headquarters Update Call for our Hollaback! community worldwide on Monday, Oct. 24 at 7 p.m. GMT and again at 8:30 p.m. GMT. The open call will give our Hollaback! community updates on website and language changes, and a chance to check in and ask questions. The call will be recorded for those who can’t make it.
That’s all for HQ updates! Here’s what’s been going on with our sites around the world:
- A video of Hollaback! Jakarta‘s recent interview on MNC Daybreak is now available on YouTube. Two site leaders spent time on the local talk show discussing how to recognize and combat street harassment, and how severe the issue is in Jakarta. Thank you so much for spreading the word about Hollaback!’s initiative, and for getting people to talk openly about this huge issue. Awesome job!
- Virginia-based band Positive No is launching a campaign called Reinvent The Space, asking people to submit photos of the palm of their hands to raise awareness about sexual harassment now through November 11. The photos submitted will be used for the band’s album art and all proceeds from the song’s sale will benefit Hollaback! Thanks for your support, Positive No! We positively love you!
Thanks for all the awesome work, Hollas! We can’t wait to see what next week will bring!
Holla and out!
–the Hollaback! Team