“Go study for your SATs fucking Chinese bitch.”

My two girlfriends and I were walking toward the Hotel Rivington on Friday night. We passed by a group of three guys who were catcalling at us and one of them grabbed my arm as I walked by. I said, “Ew” and shook him off. When we walked away, one of them shouted, “Go study for your SATs fucking Chinese bitch.”

I marched up to him and his friends and told them not to call me a bitch. The one who called me a Chinese bitch, who was probably about 6’2″ and over 200 pounds (I am just over 100 pounds) shoved me two or three times – hard. I was yelling things like, “Oh, you’re going to push me? You’re going to push a girl?” He kept threatening to hit me, and he threatened to sic his professional boxer friend on me who he said would basically beat me to a pulp.

Then he spat in my face and bolted.

My biggest regret is not getting his name or photo.

Submitted by Andrea

1. Golden Silence says:

Ugh. Racist and sexist—deadly combination. You were bold in standing up to him. Maybe you can call the cops on him since he attacked you.

2. Eric says:

Andrea:

I’m sorry to hear that happened to you. Behaviour like that is inexcusable. Please don’t start to believe that all of us men are like that. We’re not, and any man worth being called a man would have stood up for you and given those sorry excuses for human beings a lesson in politeness.

3. dirtMgirt says:

This is more racist than sexist. and racism is a far deeper problem in society than sexism.

How about a website dedicated to women that expect guys to pay for dinners before thinking highly of them? or expect them to do everything in general?

By the way, I read a post from a female dating coach that said she was turned ON by a man saying “Hey, you look sexy.” To her. The difference? He was good looking.

So now we know. Good looking guy + straight forward complement = turns women on

Ugly guy + straight forward complement = verbal harassment.

This is a horrible event though.

• Pam says:

I will be so glad when people don’t try to whip out “BUT THINK OF THE MENZ!!” when someone’s told the story of their harassment. Am I not thinking of the menz!! enough when I wear three shirts, to be CERTAIN I’m not presenting a silhouette / bra line with my DDs? Am I not thinking of them enough when I’m afraid to walk alone at night? Am I not thinking of them enough when I’m afraid to leave my house after being sexualized by someone I thought was a friend? Because trust me, I THINK ABOUT MEN PLENTY.

4. Clarice says:

This is appauling! Girl you should have got the police involved. That was assault and racism! What a nasty little rat (when I say little I mean he has little morals to attack a girl)But I have to say well done for standing up to the jerk. It’s just a shame that doing that can sometimes lead to violence.

5. Janey says:

yeah, this one actually crossed the line into physical assault. neither of your friends thought to call 911? or to get a photo?

still, that could have been a bad situation especially since you were outnumbered and dealing with a REAL creep… glad it didn’t go down worse!

-janey