Athens GA, Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbia MO, Columbus, Denver, Des Moines, Duke University, NC, Durham & Chapel Hill, East Lansing, Flagstaff, AZ, Houston, Iowa City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Lubbock TX, Manhattan KS, Muncie IN, New Orleans, New York City, Oneonta, Pittsburgh, Plattsburgh, Providence, Richmond VA, San Fernando Valley, San Francisco, Twin Cities, West Georgia (University)
We are seeking two interns this summer (mid-May through August) to work 15-20 hours per week. This internship does not pay, but it is an incredible opportunity to spend your summer making earth-shaking change with an up and coming organization.
Responsibilities will be split amongst the two interns depending on their interests and skills, but may include:
• Updating the website, including reviewing submissions and posting them to the website/map;
• Representing Hollaback at events;
• Following the news, writing media pitches, and drafting press releases;
• Setting up workshops and speaking engagements at local NYC colleges;
• Filming and/or helping film Hollaback PSAs;
• Researching, writing, and copy editing grant proposals;
• Coordinating Hollaback events, including street performances and fundraisers;
• Writing guest posts on the Hollaback blog; and
• Any other duties, as assigned by your supervisor.
• Must be detailed-oriented and self-motivated;
• Must live in NYC, be willing to work from home, and be able to meet in person once a week;
• Must be passionate about street harassment, willing to Hollaback, and willing to speak with others about this project; and
• Must have access to a computer and know how to use it.
This position will be supervised by Hollaback’s founder and executive director, Emily May. Please send your resume and cover letter (describing why you are passionate about ending street harassment) to [email protected] before May 15th.
Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments