Keynotes, Workshops, and TrainingS
Trainings and Workshops
Hollaback! offers a suite of hands-on, in-person trainings on themes, including:
- Sexual Harassment and Bystander Intervention in the Workplace (our trainings are compliant with local, state, and federal requirements) [pdf]
- Bystander intervention: How to respond and intervene when you see Harassment [pdf]
- Online Harassment and Digital security
- Self-care in the face of Trauma
- Sexism and Society
Audiences we’ve presented to include:
- Major Corporations
- Federal and City Government Agencies
- Major universities, small colleges, middle schools, and high schools
- Media, democracy, technology, and activism conferences
- Law enforcement officers
We will tailor the content to suit your time requirements and the needs of your audience. Presentations are engaging, interactive, and range from 45 minutes to 2 hours or longer. Email [email protected] with further inquiries.
Here is what people had to say about Hollaback!’s trainings and workshops:
“The discussion felt so empowering. I feel more validated about this issue than I ever have!”
– Workshop participant from NYC High School
“Hollaback!’s work is so important… it develops a platform to open up the dialogue with students and staff who may feel it’s pointless and out of their control to talk about street harassment. After Hollaback!’s workshop, our staff began to reflect on their own experiences of street harassment, which fortified another layer of relationships with our students here at Broome Street Academy.”
– Christian Cabrera, Director of Student Services, Broome Street Academy
“Hollaback’s training was incredibly informative and opened my eyes even wider to the prevalence of public harassment in our society. Equipped with Hollaback’s tips and recommendations, I now feel more prepared and capable of dealing with these situations when I see and hear them arise.”
– Julian Miller, MBA ’18, Stern School of Business, NYU
Participants and audience members have shared that they felt more “informed,” “empowered,” and “supported” after going through one of Hollaback!’s trainings around issues of street harassment and gender justice.
To request one of our trainers to conduct a workshop at your school or organization, contact [email protected].
Download our one-pager on in-person trainings here. [pdf]
We offer a suite of digital trainings – some regularly, and some by request – on bystander intervention, online harassment and digital security, harassment in public spaces, movement building, and other themes. Click here to see what we have scheduled, or contact us at [email protected] to request a special digital training.
As little as a knowing glance can reduce trauma in the face of harassment, but the wrong response can actually increase trauma. With so many eager to step up, we need everyone to be equipped with the right information on how to be an effective bystander in the midst of violence enacted within our communities.
Our online Bystander Intervention trainings will arm you with the tools you need to respond to harassment and protect the rights of everyone.