From Hollaback! HQ
Happy HollaDays! We are bursting with excitement to share with you ALL updates for Hollaback! Friday. What’s so special about this Hollaback! Friday? *drum roll please* As a member of our wonderful Hollaback! community, you are specially invited to STAND UP, SPEAK UP, AND SHOW UP against gender-based harassment with us, in honor of 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence. We can all change the culture of harassment through small actions. Here are three ways you can join the movement to make a difference:
- STAND UP…by attending one of our free, daily Stand Up Against Street Harassment Trainings!
- SPEAK UP…by sharing your story of harassment to show others they aren’t alone, and that harassment is never okay. Share your story here.
- SHOW UP…by participating in our Stand Up TikTok Challenge to spread the word about bystander intervention and how we can all use it to change the culture of harassment! Visit our TikTok page @lets.end.harassment to participate!
Stay tuned for more special Hollaback! events, ways to take action, and surprises, of course! Click here for more information on our activities during 16 Days of Activism. Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter for real-time updates.
Speaking of special events, what’s on your Nice List this HollaDay? For starters, have you added our Bystander Intervention Training To Stop Anti-Asian/American Harassment And Xenophobia? Don’t forget to join us on:
- Monday, December 6, 2021 at 1:00PM ET/ 12:00PM CT/ 11:00AM MT/ 10:00AM PT/ 7:00AM HST. Register Here.
And if you’re looking for some support on your journey of self care, join us for How to Respond to Harassment for People Experiencing Anti-Asian/American Harassment Training Workshop:
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 4:00PM ET/ 3:00PM CT/ 2:00PM MT/ 1:00PM PT/ 10:00AM HST. Register Here.
Sprinkle some joy and join us in building a resilient community through our Resilience: This Moment and Beyond Training:
- Monday, December 13, 2021 at 8:00PM ET/ 7:00PM CT/ 6:00PM MT/ 5:00PM PT/ 2:00PM HST. Register Here.
A healthy community is one that addresses systemic problems. This HollaDay, bring along a friend or family member to our Bystander Intervention Training To Stop Police Sponsored Violence and Anti-Black Racist Harassment:
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021 at 12:00PM ET/ 11:00AM CT/ 10:00AM MT/ 9:00AM PT/ 6:00AM HST. Register Here.
Your list would not be complete without adding our Bystander Intervention Training: How to Be An Ally When You Witness Online Abuse to it.
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 4:00PM ET/ 3:00PM CT/ 2:00PM MT/ 1:00PM PT/ 10:00AM HST. Register Here.
Catch you in our next issue of A Week In Our Shoes!
Asha, WIOS Editor