From Hollaback! HQ
Welcome to the latest edition of “A Week In Our Shoes.” A year ago this week, black squares with the hashtag #blackouttuesday were being posted globally as a means of standing in solidarity in support of the Black Lives Matter movement in the wake of the public outrage over George Floyd`s death. Although social media has transformed how we receive news, it does not necessarily convert into actionable steps. However, in standing in solidarity, we yearn to create a population which places accountability at the forefront when witnessing inequitable xenophobic problems. How do we plan to do this? In response to the continued police violence against Black communities and the recent murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, we are offering a free, one-hour, interactive training to train people on how to safely intervene in the face of police violence and anti-Black racism using Hollaback!’s 5D’s of bystander intervention.
To take action, sign up for our special Bystander Intervention Training to Stop Police Sponsored Violence and Anti-Black Harassment.
- Friday, June 18th 2021. 2:00PM ET/ 1:00PM CT/ 12:00PM MT/ 11:00AM PT/ 8:00AM HST. Register Here.
As Pride Month continues, you can also join our UPDATED Bystander Intervention Training To Stop LGBTQ+ Harassment, take a look:
- Thursday, June 17th 2021 at 4:00PM ET/ 3:00PM CT/ 2:00PM MT/ 1:00PM PT/ 10:00AM HST. Register Here.
If you haven’t attended a session yet, try our Bystander Training to Stop Anti-Asian/American and Xenophobic Harassment:
- Wednesday, June 16th 2021. 5:00PM ET/ 4:00PM CT/ 3:00PM MT/ 2:00PM PT/ 11:00AM HST. Register Here.
Have you already taken all our bystander training sessions? We’ve got the perfect next step for you. Try our “Conflict De-escalation Training”:
- Friday, June 18th 2021. 12:00PM ET/ 11:00AM CT/ 10:00AM MT/ 9:00AM PT/ 6:00AM HST. Register Here.
Or invite your allies and loved ones to attend Stand Up Against Street Harassment Training. This training will provide them with a valuable set of tools they can use to interrupt public harassment they witness in their community.
- Sunday, June 13th 2021 at 1:00PM ET/ 12:00PM CT/ 11:00AM MT/ 10:00AM PT/ 7:00AM HST. Register Here.
Catch you in our next issue of A Week In Our Shoes!
Asha, WIOS Editor