From Hollaback! HQ
Look who finally decided to show up. Hello Friday. Where have you been??? The Hollas and I thought you wouldn’t show up. Anyway, since everyone is here, welcome to the latest edition of “A Week In Our Shoes” where we keep you up to date with the latest Hollaback! news and provide all the necessary Bystander Intervention updates and much more.
Standing in solidarity with survivors during Sexual Assault Awareness Month, we would like to encourage Bystanders to safely speak up or take action when harassment – which is part of the exact same culture that allows assault – happens, using Hollaback!’s 5 D’s. Hollaback!’s 5D’s are: Distract, Delegate, Document, Delay, and Direct. These 5 D’s are different methods you can use to support someone who has been harassed and also to create a safer community. Would you like to learn more about these methods? By clicking here, you would be able to access these resources. Remember, you can be a light and a source of strength for survivors. Together, let us dismantle the culture of silence.
Next week is International Anti-Street Harassment Week (April 11-17, 2021) and we have lots planned! Visit ihollaback.org/anti-street-harassment-week for the details. Each day on social media we will be posting a list of daily action items. Follow us on Twitter @ihollaback, Facebook @ihollaback, and Instagram @ihollagram to get all the latest updates!
Can’t wait to jump right into our Anti-Street Harassment Activities? You can take action RIGHT NOW: We are offering daily training sessions ALL WEEK to Stand Up Against Street Harassment! Two of them (Tuesday and Thursday) will be in Spanish! Take action by signing up.
To sign up for the “Stand Up Against Street Harassment” experience, pick a date below:
- Monday, April 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM ET/ 2:00 pm CT/ 1:00 pm MT/ 12:00 pm PT/ 9:00 am HST. Register Here
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 11:00 AM ET/ 10:00 am CT/ 9:00 am MT/ 8:00 am PT/ 5:00 am HST. Register Here (EN ESPAÑOL)
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET/3:00 pm CT/ 2:00 pm MT/ 1:00 pm PT/10:00 am HST. Register Here
- Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET/ 12:00 pm CT/ 11:00 am MT/ 10:00 am PT/ 7:00 am HST. Register Here (EN ESPAÑOL)
- Friday, April 16, 2021 at 10:00 AM ET/ 09:00 am CT/ 8:00 am MT/ 7:00 am PT/ 3:00 am HST. Register Here
- Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET/ 1:00pm CT/ 12:00pm MT/ 11:00am PT/ 8:00am HST. Register Here
What about what’s still going on in the AAPI Community? Well, we are continuing to offer our Bystander Training to Stop Anti-Asian/American and Xenophobic Harassment. By the way, a huge shoutout to everyone who has taken it. Thank you for showing up in support of our AAPI family, and we will keep doing the same. Check out ihollaback.org/bystanderintervention to keep up with new dates as we schedule them.
To kick-start or continue disrupting the xenophobic and racist harassment, join our Bystander Intervention to Stop Anti-Asian/American Harassment and Xenophobia:
P.S. Due to the large quantity of persons who have booked this session, all trainings for next week are booked, however, have no fear because they would still be available this month.
- Thursday, April 22nd 2021. 2:00PM ET/ 1:00PM CT/ 12:00PM MT/ 11:00AM PT/ 8:00AM HST. Register Here
Catch you in our next issue of A Week In Our Shoes!
Asha, WIOS Editor