From Hollaback! HQ
Hey Hollas! Thought for today and always: You are powerful. Period. So far, together we’ve made tremendous progress on harassment issues globally. To empower one another, is to cultivate an army of fighters. If that’s the case, then we are Anti-harassment fighters #hollaback!power. If you’re looking to add to your week of daily activities, this edition of “A Week In Our Shoes” will definitely provide you with some options.
Bystander Intervention to Stop Police Sponsored Violence and Anti-Black Racist Harassment
Upcoming training dates and time:
- Tuesday, October 13th at 3:00 PM ET/ 2:00pm CT/ 1:00pm MT/ 12:00pm PT/ 9:00am HST. Register Here.
- Tuesday, November 10th at 4:00 PM ET/ 3:00 PM CT/ 2:00 PM MT/ 1:00 PM PT/ 10:00 AM HST. Register Here.
- Monday, December 14th at 4:00 PM ET/ 3:00 PM CT/ 2:00 PM MT/ 1:00 PM PT/ 10:00 AM HST. Register Here.
There is a power in meaningful dialogue especially about the invasion of white supremacy with regards to Black Lives. Let’s use our voices to make a difference. Here are some organizations you could support.
- Fair Fight Action :: An organization promoting fair elections and educating voters about their voting rights nationwide.
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund :: America’s premiere legal defense organization fighting for racial justice.
- Color of Change :: The nation’s largest online racial justice organization.
- The Bail Project :: Provides free bail assistance to low-income individuals who are legally presumed innocent.
- Black Visions Collective :: A Minnesota-based organization that believes in a future where all Black people have autonomy, safety is community-led, and we are in the right relationship within our ecosystems.
- Reclaim the Block :: A Minneapolis-based campaign that works to move money from the police department to other areas of the city budget, prioritizing community health and safety.
- Trans Women of Color Collective :: Trans Women of Color Collective (TWOCC) was created to cultivate economic opportunities and affirming spaces for trans people of color and our families, to foster kinship, build community engagement in healing and restorative justice through arts, culture, media, advocacy and activism.
- Black Women’s Blueprint :: An organization providing a blueprint for black liberation through a feminist lens.
But wait…there’s more…
Stand Up Against Street Harassment: How to Intervene In And Respond To Gender-Based Harassment
Upcoming training dates and times:
- Tuesday, October 6th at 2:00 PM ET/ 1:00pm CT/ 12:00pm MT/ 11:00am PT/ 8:00am HST. Register Here.
- Thursday, October 15th at 4:00 PM ET/ 3:00 PM CT/ 2:00 PM MT/ 1:00 PM PT/ 10:00 AM HST. Register Here.
- Saturday, October 24th at 1:00 PM ET/ 12:00 PM CT/ 11:00 AM MT/ 10:00 AM PT/ 7:00 AM HST. Register Here.
- Wednesday, October 28th at 3:00 PM ET/ 2:00pm CT/ 1:00pm MT/ 12:00pm PT/ 9:00am HST. Register Here.
Around The World
Shout out to Hollaback! Croatia!!!! Last week, our awesome Croatia team attended an online summer school of democracy which was organized by the Institute of Philosophy and Social Theory in Belgrade. Keep on striving, learning and helping others.
Catch you in our next issue of A Week In Our Shoes!
Asha, WIOS Editor