A Week In Our Shoes: Making Waves For Gender Activism

from hollaback! hq

Crashing onto the shores of Hollaback! New York are our new fellows. We at Hollaback! are proud to introduce these outstanding and passionate folks to you.

Meet Erika, our Legislative and Development fellow. Her particular interests are in women’s human rights; labor and employment issues; women’s international economic development; and the support of women artists. 

Say what’s up to our  Communications fellow, Gaby who is a benevolent spirit, devoting most of her time to volunteering and analyzing worldwide political and and economic trends.

Last, but not least is our Graphic Design fellow, Luiza. With her passion for design coupled with her desire to volunteer with us, we are confident that her creativity will aid in the Hollaback! mission and message.

Around the world

During International Women’s Day, our WIOS Newsletter Editor, Asha Nelson represented Hollaback! on a “Purple Bag” discussion panel facilitated by the postgraduate gender development students of the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus. The theme was inspired by the International Women’s Day theme “Balance For Better”.

Special thanks to the moderator, Renita Barnes and Gender Studies Student Representative, Kelly-Ann Knight  for inviting our Hollaback! rep and all the other students for making this event possible. These inspiring young women had the opportunity to empower and educate the audience with their personal stories and views on their respective topic.

Catch you in our next issue of A Week In Our Shoes!

Asha, WIOS Editor