FROM THE HOLLABACK! HEADQUARTERS
- Our Program Manager Mikaela attended a panel representing Hollaback!, where they sat on the panel with Dr. Tamura Lomax. The panel was on #MeToo and it’s aftermath, at the tech advertiser App Nexus’s main office.
- Our friends at Center for Media Justice created a petition to demand that Facebook initiate an independent civil rights and safety audit and publicly disclose the results. Take action and sign the petition here.
- Check out Angel Love a unique lifestyle brand to sell, support and share kindness. For their first collection of products, they will donate 10% of the net sales proceeds of purchases directly to us!
- Our friends at CyberSmile created a ThunderClap to support Stop Cyberbullying Day and you can join too! Show your support on June 15th!
- As always, if you or someone you know is facing online harassment, check out HeartMob and find all the resources you need to get help. We’ve got your back!
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- The People’s Supper has partnered with Shoulder to Shoulder, in observation of Ramadan, to host a series of Iftar suppers which are already happening all over the country!
- Check out how you can get involved and host your own supper.
- Interested in taking action? Check out our upcoming bystander intervention training:
- Our first ever evening online bystander intervention training will be held, 6/27 (7pm EST)!
- Also, register to attend FRESH: Live With the New conference that will facilitate conversations about “the new” that we are seeing emerge today—from science to fashion, gender equality to afrofuturism, policy to protesting youth,” on 6/5!
With love and solidarity,
–THE HOLLABACK! TEAM