Happy Friday Hollas! We’ve been working hard for you over the last two weeks in the office and around the world. Here’s a quick overview of some of the amazing activism that we’re involved in right now.
FROM THE HOLLABACK! HEADQUARTERS
- In AM NEW YORK news article, “Fighting Harassment in the Workplace will Require New Policies for all NYC employers ,” our Executive Director Emily May, is quoted stating:
“Today’s report is the culmination of the Commission carefully listening to survivor experiences, and tailoring suggested legislative and policy changes to respectfully address common themes.”
- Hollaback! Bystander InterventionTrainings:
- Train the Trainer 3/13
- OH Bystander Webinar 3/26
- Google 3/8
- Juliard 3/28
- LIU Conference 4/20
- Hollaback! HQ will be offering evening Bystander Intervention Trainings starting 6/27 at 7pm Eastern time.
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Croatia hosted a chalkwalk, movie night, self defense class, fashion show, and a lecture!
- We were featured in this article from FLARE.
- Check out Angel Love. They donate 10% of the proceeds from their sales to us!
- As always, if you or someone you know is facing online harassment, check out HeartMob and find all the resources you need to get help. We’ve got your back.
- The People’s Supper has published their monthly newsletter
- Also, The People’s Supper featured on an episode of The Midpod someone shared with us that they hosted a pro-voice supper centered around abortion using the guidebook we created in partnership with Exhale
- And, our People’s Supper Fellow Nicole hosted her first supper in Westchester!
- Check out how you can get involved and host your own supper.
- Interested in taking action? Check out our upcoming bystander intervention trainings:
- Online bystander intervention training 5/17 (1pm EST)
- Our first evening online bystander intervention training 6/27 (7pm EST)
With love and solidarity,
–THE HOLLABACK! TEAM