Happy Friday Hollas! We have a special two week addition of Week in Our Shoes for you today. Since last time, we’ve been traveling the country and the world, connecting people through conversation and fighting for equal access to public space. Here are the updates.
FROM HOLLABACK HQ
- Emily did two bystander intervention workshops for the Women Donors Network.
- Last Thursday, Emily did a panel with Cleo Wade and Abby Disney at a recent WITNESS fundraiser.
- Emily keynoted at AppNexus at the Women’s Leadership Forum.
- Looking to get involved? Sign up for an upcoming bystander intervention digital training! Tickets are offered at a variety of prices based on attendees ability to pay.
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! London is that launching their event, 16 days of creative action, next Friday.
- They created a Facebook event, and are ready for a large turnout! Check it out and see how you can get involved.
- Two weeks ago in London, Emily talked about HeartMob at Mozfest!
- The fight for Net Neutrality is still going. Net Neutrality is the principle that Internet providers should not control what we see and do online. If you agree that the internet should be free, make sure to call congress before it’s too late!
- As always, if you or someone you know is being harassed online, check out HeartMob and find all the resources you need to get help.
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- The People’s Supper has been hosting suppers around the country! Here are a few that happened last week: Brittany + Michael in Madison, TN on Thursday, 11/9 , Susan in Floyd, VA on Tuesday, 11/14, Kathryn in Arapahoe, NC on Wednesday, 11/15, Essential Partners in Cambridge, MA on Friday, 11/17
- This Tuesday, Lennon hosted the Giving Circles Convening: Lennon’s in Grand Rapids, hosting a People’s Supper as part of a national convening of Giving Circles, equipping each participant with a tailored guidebook to take with them, to continue the conversation with their circles back home.
- Check out how you can get involved and host your own supper.
- We’re looking for activists to help us make change. If you’re interested in joining the global movement to end harassment, check out the Hollaback! site leader program.
- With Thanksgiving around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about #GivingTuesday. If you donate on Facebook to our global movement to end harassment, your donation will be matched by The Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation from now until November 28th.
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team