Happy Friday Hollas! We’ve been busy this week with the continued public focus on sexual assault and harassment. With more disturbing stories surfacing each day, we’re constantly reminded that NOW is the time for change. As always, we strive to be a source of support for anyone who needs it.
FROM HOLLABACK HQ
- We’re getting excited about our Training of Trainers (a.k.a., ToT) coming up in November. Register here for free!
- On Wednesday, Debjani did a Bystander Intervention training with SAFE NYC. Danvy attended and Leah shadowed!
- Debjani was interviewed for an episode of Let Your Voice Be Heard Radio. They addressed the impact of the #MeToo campaign as a vehicle to empower survivors of sexual assault and harassment.
- This week, Emily and Sarah are in London. Emily is speaking at the Mozilla Festival!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Detroit did a Bystander Intervention Training at the College of Creative Studies Wellness Center.
- Last night, Hollaback! Baltimore held a Men’s Talk to engage male allies in the conversation about harassment.
- Hollaback! and HeartMob attended the forum “Community Discussion about Bullying Prevention and Intervention” at W.E.B. DuBois High School in Brooklyn, New York.
- HeartMob has an upcoming webinar on Wednesday, November 15th at 3-4pm EST.
- As always, if you are facing harassment online, you are not alone. Join the HeartMob community and we’ll give you the support you need.
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- Last week, The People’s Supper launched a guidebook for bringing survivors of sexual assault and harassment together in the wake of #MeToo and increased public awareness.
- In conjunction with the guidebook, they held a webinar on how to host spaces of healing and solidarity in times like these.
- Jen and Lennon from The People’s Supper spoke at Independent Sector’s Our Common Future 2017 Conference!
- CTZNWell mentioned The People’s Supper and Hollaback! in their weekly newsletter this week. Check it out and subscribe here.
- There are so many different ways for you to get involved! Whether it’s becoming a site leader or taking our Training of Trainers, you can make an impact in your community.
- HeartMob has another online bystander intervention training coming soon. Get tickets here to learn how to help your friends when they’re harassed online!
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team