Happy Friday Hollas! This week has been chalk full of story sharing around the world as a result of the #metoo campaign. Feeling amazed? Overwhelmed? Empowered? Disheartened? Either way, we’re right here with you and we’ve got your back.
FROM HOLLABACK HQ
- In response to the #metoo campaign, we compiled resources and support for sexual harassment and assault survivors and put it in this blog post.
- This Tuesday, Hollaback! participated in the National Network to End Domestic Violence twitter chat to discuss and promote #Safety4Survivors!
- Citylab wrote an article about next steps for street harassment policy. Debjani is featured in it! She was also interviewed for a BBC segment on sexual harassment.
- Debjani did bystander intervention trainings at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz law firm.
AROUND THE WORLD
- This week, Hollaback! Detroit tabled at Planned Parenthood Advocates of Michigan’s Day of Action at their state capital.
- Elaine, of Hollaback! Belfast, represented Hollaback! as a part of a panel on misogyny at a Queen’s University Belfast Law School conference on Hate Speech Legislation.
- This past Wednesday, Elaine spoke to Spin Talk Radio in Dublin and BBC Radio Ulster, on behalf of Hollaback!, about the #metoo campaign and street harassment.
- HeartMob attended the Manhattan Family Justice Center’s (MFJC) Technology Abuse Training in partnership with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, National Network to End Domestic Violence and Day One.
- This Tuesday, HeartMob held an online training on how to help a friend who’s being harassed online. Whether it’s trolls, threats, doxing, revenge porn, or verbal abuse, we’re here to help! Sign up for HeartMob here.
- Hollaback! partnered with Mozilla and the Kairos Fellowship to develop this open-source framework to help organizations support staff and volunteers who have experienced online harassment.
- We helped get Thorn’s message about nonconsensual intimate image sharing out to over one million teens!
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- The People’s Supper created a guidebook in response to the conversation on sexual harassment and assault. Here are their tips on how to gather together in moments like these.
- As always, there are so many ways you can get involved. Host a supper, take this pledge, or share your story. Help us build communities through better conversations.
- Next week, Emily and Sarah will be in London. Emily will be speaking at the Mozilla Festival.
- HeartMob has another online bystander intervention training coming soon! Get tickets here to learn how to help your friends when they’re harassed online.
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team