Update: We have hired all of our interns except for a graphic design intern. See more below!
Come work with a feminist organization working to end all forms of harassment. Hollaback! is accepting applications for fall graphic design interns. Interested applicants should send a resume with a cover letter to [email protected] Internship candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
Internships run from early September to late December with an estimated time commitment of 16 hours per week. We offer a $250 stipend per month to cover travel. The candidate will work from our office in downtown Brooklyn.
Graphic Design Internship
Hollaback! is seeking a Graphic Design Intern who will assist in helping design resources for work around public harassment and online harassment to use on social media, to publicize events, and as resources to distribute to our communities. The intern will be working with various members of the team and will be reporting to the Program and Communications Coordinator.
- Design infographics about public harassment, including street harassment
- Design materials for our platform combating online harassment, HeartMob
- Design materials and infographics on bystander intervention
- Design memes and other content for social media
- Design graphics for our campaigns and fundraising efforts
- Help design PowerPoint presentations
- Provide other graphic design support as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an excellent eye for design
- A strong familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and graphic design programs
- A current student or recent graduate with a strong commitment to Hollaback!’s mission
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, results-driven, and motivated by project management and deadlines
- A quick thinker who can boil a great amount of information into appealing text and graphics
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive growth plans
- Eager to take on challenges with a sense of humor
- Flexible with work tasks