We are bringing you a Super Special Double-Feature Edition of WIOS today! With everything going on in the world, it feels like our work is more necessary than ever. Check out what we have been up to for the past two weeks…
AT HOLLABACK HQ
- Last week, our team headed upstate to attend the Women Serving Women summit at Omega!
- We were recently featured as the cover story of the Metro NY and Boston in a piece that discussed why “cat-calling” is a real form of sexual harassment and what to do when it happens to you.
- In the wake of the incident in Portland, we did a radio interview with BBC World, which aired on NPR stations across the country. We also talked with Slate about the importance of bystander intervention and The Boston Globe featured a woman who successfully intervened in an incident of harassment after taking one of our trainings.
- Our bystander intervention tips were also featured in this video segment produced by MTV’s Look Different team as a part of their programming for Pride. Please feel free to share it with your networks!
- The American Pakistan Public Affairs Committee also highlighted our Five D’s for safe intervention!
- Debjani hosted trainings at the NYC Anti-Violence Project and Playground Coffee Shop! She also hosted a digital workshop for Boston University’s Dept. of Epidemiology.
- Debjani also did a Community Board 9 Training hosted by the Public Advocate and Manhattan Borough President’s Office.
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! London held its second Hollaback London Collective Action Meet Up!
- Hollaback! Croatia hosted a workshop at a local community center (Iskorak) in which they discussed and practiced methods for responding to harassment and controversial subjects.
- Hollaback! Baltimore is teaming up with War On Women this summer to provide their #SaferSpacesBmore project at Vans Warped Tour. The project will teach music lovers about bystander intervention all summer long!
- Emily was a keynote speaker at the Personal Democracy Forum this year and held a workshop titled “From Ad Hoc to Prepared: Developing an Anti Online Harassment Infrastructure”on building supportive professional environments against online harassment!
- Emily also spoke at the Women and Girls Speak Up and Stay Safe: Media & Mobiles Panel hosted by Vodafone Americas!
- Check out our upcoming digital workshops on Bystander Intervention! (Use the discount code hollabacksummer to register for free!).
- Please join us June 12th at 9pm (EST) for a #FreetoBe street harassment Twitter chat from @PlanAustralia.
- Come out for A Night of Burlesque and Trivia to benefit Hollaback! at QED on June 18th!
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team