Check out the exciting things we’ve been up to here in NYC and at our sites around the world…
AT HOLLABACK HQ
It’s been a little calmer in the office this week. We have a new staff member settling in and interns saying goodbye.
- Debjani went down to North Carolina for Duke Engage to deliver three in-person bystander intervention trainings and speak on a panel!
- We’re raising money to fight back against rampant harassment and hate! Donate any amount to Hollaback! before the end of May and you’ll receive a resistance sticker pack to help boost your voice as you fight for change.
- Our Communities Against Hate partnership officially launched their social media profiles and a new website! Check them out and report incidents of hate at their website or through our story sharing platform.
- Debjani gave a bystander intervention training to Solidarity Sunday, a NYC group.
- We bade farewell to our spring communications intern Sofia this week and our legislative advocacy intern Gabriela a couple weeks ago. Thank you SO MUCH for your contributions this semester!
- Kendall and Aoife are continuing their internships into the summer, working on graphic design and HeartMob respectively. We’re so grateful to them for their contributions this semester and to come this summer!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Vancouver had a huge projection show last week for their #DearSurvivor campaign. Check out the album here for more pictures!
- Hollaback! Madrid held their first bystander intervention training workshop last week. They also ran a computer workshop class at a women’s community center and showed how to navigate & submit stories to their website!
- Hollaback! Baltimore trained up a restaurant for their #SaferSpacesBmore program!
- This Sunday, May 14th, Hollaback! Oxford is hosting an event, “With Love and Revolution”. Join them for a night of music, comedy, and poetry!
- The HeartBot is now available to all HeartMobbers! If you’re a registered HeartMobber and a Twitter user, the HeartBot is your new ally. Learn more here!
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- Emily attended an “Image Better” convening at the Nathan Cummings Foundation and spoke about The People’s Supper!
- Special reminder: We’re hiring! We’re looking for two amazing people to join The People’s Supper team as Program Evaluator and summer Program Intern. Find out more here and apply today!
- Our next bystander intervention training webinar is May 19th – sign up here!
- Emily will be speaking at the Personal Democracy Forum here in NYC on June 8 & 9! Get tickets to hear some fabulous speakers talk about tech and democracy!
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team