Hi hollas! We bring to you today a WIOS double feature — two weeks worth of excitement!
It’s a time of transition here in the office. We’re currently hiring for two amazing positions. The end of the first 100 days of the new administration has come and gone and with that comes an exciting announcement about the future of #100Days100Dinners. Read on!
AT HOLLABACK HQ
- Our interns Gabriela and Sofia attended the Denim Day rally at Brooklyn Borough Hall to mark Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- We were featured in this piece from Rewire about hate incidents on college campuses since the 2016 election. Debjani was interviewed and talked about our bystander intervention work!
- Debjani spoke at the Women’s Committee Hearing about four pieces of proposed legislation surrounding gender and racial equity.
- Debjani also hosted a bystander intervention webinar today!
- Leah spoke on rape culture and the media at the Columbia University School of Social Work‘s Students Against Sexual Violence Spring Symposium.
- We officially launched our spring fundraising campaign on May 1st! Donate any amount to Hollaback! before the end of the month and you’ll receive a resistance sticker pack in return. Shout-out to our intern Kendall for the beautiful sticker designs!
- Special announcement: We’re hiring! We’re looking for two amazing people to join The People’s Supper team as Program Evaluator and Program Intern. Find out more here and apply today!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Derby was featured in an article about the LGBTQ+ community in Derby! Additionally, they held a solidarity rally for the men subject to homophobic persecution in Chechnya. Read their statement of support.
- Hollaback! Cuenca spoke about street harassment and bystander intervention at the Universidad de Cuenca!
- Hollaback! Ottawa was featured in this article from Maclean’s about street harassment and how pervasive it is in the lives of women and gender nonconforming folks.
- Hollaback! Jakarta was featured in four videos from the Jakarta Globe’s “The Perspective” about their work on public harassment! Site leader Angie explains how she got involved in our site leader program!
- Hollaback! Oxford is hosting a night of comedy, poetry, and music next week! Check out more details on their “With Love and Revolution” event here!
- Hollaback! Derby held a picnic lunch for the launch of their site!
- Julie, the Hollaback! Ottawa site leader, was featured in this article from Vice on all of the amazing work she’s done! Congrats, Julie! We’re so proud to have you as a part of the team!
- HeartBot is now available to all HeartMobbers! If you’re a registered HeartMobber and a Twitter user, the HeartBot is your new ally. Learn more here!
THE PEOPLE’S SUPPER
- We have officially launched our re-brand for #100Days100Dinners as The People’s Supper! Past the first 100 days of the Trump administration, we’ll continue having dinners to heal and bridge difference in the coming months. Check out the new website and sign up to host or attend a dinner!
- Our 100th day dinner was last week in D.C. and NBC Washington was there to cover it!
- Hollaback! hosted our collaboration partners from The Dinner Party and Faith Matters Network for a daylong retreat yesterday strategizing for the future of The People’s Supper. It was so amazing to meet these friends in person!
- Some more exciting news… we have a new team member! We are THRILLED to welcome Patrick to The People’s Supper team as our new Program Coordinator! Here’s a blurb from Patrick himself:
“I am so excited to join the Hollaback team! I hail from Chicago, where deep dish is the best dish, and have a background in education and LGBT+ nonprofit work. I am all about new experiences, which aren’t too hard to find in NYC, and regularly can be found exploring Central Park. I hope to continue the success of The People’s Supper and will hit the ground running!”
Welcome aboard, Patrick!
- Our next bystander intervention training webinar is May 19th — sign up here!
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team