It’s Kartini Day in Indonesia! We’re celebrating with our friends over at Hollaback! Jakarta.
Check out what else we’ve been up to at HQ and what’s been going on at our sites all over the world over the past week…
AT HOLLABACK HQ
- We hosted another bystander intervention training webinar today. Our next webinar is May 5th — sign up here!
- Emily participated in the AmexLeads Twitterchat and spoke on transforming rape culture at the NYC Mayor’s Gracie Mansion.
- Special announcement: We’re hiring! We’re looking for three amazing people to join our #100Days100Dinners team as Program Evaluator, Part-Time Program Coordinator, and summer Program Intern. We’re also looking for a clever and capable summer Communications Intern! Find out more here and apply today!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Baltimore has a new director, Joyell! Joyell is a racial and gender justice strategist, doula, and womanist who has advocated for women’s rights for almost a decade. Welcome to the Hollaback! team, Joyell!
- Hollaback! Jakarta was interviewed for an article from BBC on harassment on public transportation in Jakarta – and also appeared on a TV show called The Perspective.
- Hollaback! Cuenca attended a working meeting of the Committee on the Eradication of Gender and Intrafamily Violence, in which they supported the creation of a protocol to deal with cases of harassment on public transportation. Additionally, they posted their own Week In Our Shoes – visit #EnNuestrosZapatos for an in-depth look at what they’ve been up to this month!
- Eve from Hollaback! Nederland was a featured speaker at BedTalks, a free-thinking festival full of interactive workshops and intimate bedroom chats with various people and organizations.
- Levanta la Voz Madrid was featured on La Sexta Noticias in a segment on International Anti-Street Harassment Week.
- We will be hosting another online bystander intervention training webinar Tuesday April 25 at 1pm EST ! Get signed up here!
- We’re making the HeartBot available to all HeartMobbers in the coming weeks… stay tuned!
- Emily and Leah attended a #100Days100Dinners “Where Do We Go From Here?” dinner at the Brooklyn Public Library. Click here to learn more about how to host a dinner or attend one!
- Holla supporter Destiny Arturet attended our Anti-Street Harassment Rally and a #100Days100Dinners event – and then decided to host an event of her own. She and her friends marked Sexual Assault Awareness Month with a fundraiser benefiting Hollaback! and ShelterBox. Thank you, Destiny!
With love and solidarity,
The Hollaback Team