Here’s what we’ve been up to this week…
- Debjani has been invited to speak on a panel about harassment with the NYC Commission on Human Rights on March 9th for Women’s History Month!
- #100Days100Dinners was featured in this article from NBCNews!
- Debjani co-hosted a bystander intervention training with The NYC Anti-Violence Project, Assemblymember Daniel O’Donnell, and public advocate, Tish James.
- Jae attended NYC Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito’s State of the City Address.
- Hollaback! Jakarta hosted a poster making event this weekend for the Women’s March Jakarta, which is taking place on March 4th.
- Hollaback! Bahamas spoke at an event hosted by the Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority about the importance of self care.
- Hollaback! Czech organized the One Billion Rising action in Prague on Valentine’s Day. Check out this video from the event!
- Over the past few months, our team has been working on one of our most exciting HeartMob developments yet. It hasn’t been easy to keep this secret but now we can finally share the surprise! We’ve launched the HeartBot, a specialized Twitter account designed to log private reports of online abuse and respond directly to harassers… all while keeping everyone else out of it. Currently only HeartMobbers will have access, so we encourage you to sign up today!
- We will be co-hosting an in-person bystander intervention training! The training will be at the Brooklyn Public Library on Saturday, March 4th. If you want to get trained up but don’t live in the area, don’t forget we’re hosting regular webinars.
With love and solidarity,
-The Hollaback Team