Here’s some news from the hollaverse this week…
AT HOLLABACK HQ
- We welcomed our new program intern, Sofie! She is going to be a huge help with #100Days100Dinners. We’re so excited to have her with us!
- Speaking of #100Days100Dinners… we have hosted 28 dinners so far and have over 130 hosts lined up. More than 315 people have signed up to attend! Click here to sign up to host a dinner.
- We conducted another bystander intervention training webinar this week.
- We launched our Valentine’s Day campaign! Donate $14 to Hollaback! before V-Day and we’llsend a radical, feminist valentine to whomever you want. Our graphic design intern Kendall did an amazing job on them!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Hollaback! Jakarta has been kicking butt in the press! Check out this article from the Jakarta Post and another article about how site leader Angie started her work with the Hollaback! movement.
- Hollaback! Netherlands was invited by the Minister of Education, Culture, and Science to attend a conference about the United Nations CEDAW (Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Violence Against Women) treaty and to give recommendations for their government. We’re so impressed!
- HeartMob got a shoutout in this article about online harassment!
- Emily was interviewed for the “Mozilla Leadership Network in our own words” guide! Flip to page 20 for an interview with Emily on HeartMob.
- We held our first “HeartMob: A Bystander’s Guide to Online Harassment” webinar this week. Thanks to all who joined in!
- We’re unveiling a new feature in HeartMob this week… become a HeartMobber to get in on the action!
- We will be hosting some in-person bystander intervention trainings – one at the Brooklyn Public Library in a few weeks, as well as one with Assembly Member Daniel O’Donnell and the Anti-Violence Project. If you want to get trained up but don’t live in the area, don’t forget we’re hosting regular webinars.
Holla and out!
-The Hollaback Team