Here’s some news from the hollaverse…
AT HOLLABACK HQ
- Our executive director Emily spoke at Lincoln Center to promote #100Days100Dinners! She also co-hosted a “Bridging Difference” dinner.
- Debjani, our deputy director, was interviewed by the Womanity Foundation! Check out the article here.
- Emily spoke at a tele-summit, The Soul of Conflict, about gender justice and harassment intervention.
AROUND THE WORLD
- Congrats to Hollaback! Jakarta for celebrating their one-year anniversary! Read this wonderful piece by Mayzura Restalia Munaf on their blog about confronting victim blaming in Jakarta.
- Hollaback! Cuenca will be participating in a press conference regarding a controversial thesis from the University of Cuenca. The thesis contains false facts and assertions about the feminist movement, and appears to be largely opinion-based. It’s upsetting to see this insulting and hostile thesis supported by the University. The Hollaback! site endorsed a letter written by the University’s Women Association and attended a University Council session. Find out more on their blog (in Spanish). We’re so proud of them!
- February 7th is Safer Internet Day. Here’s to creating a more secure internet for all!
- Our first “HeartMob: A Bystander’s Guide to Online Harassment” webinar is February 10th! Save your spot ASAP.
- We will be hosting an in-person Bystander Intervention Training at the Brooklyn Public Library in a few weeks! If you want to get trained up but don’t live in the area, don’t forget we’re hosting regular webinars.
- Hollaback! Netherlands participated in a #HollandAgainstHate protest against the #MuslimBan on Wednesday.
- Stay tuned for more exciting news from HeartMob!
Holla and out!
-The Hollaback Team