1. Be an Angel. Donate.
We are seeking angel donors who are willing to make meaningful gifts. This donation will go directly to startup costs, which include the website, backend database, iPhone app, marketing materials, public relations, and strategic planning and development. As a significant leader in the Hollaback! movement, you will receive monthly donors-circle-only updates the executive director on how your donation is being used to create a world without street harassment.
2. Volunteer with Hollaback for Impact.
At Hollaback, we are looking for professionals who want a volunteer opportunity that optimizes their talents. Specifically, we are looking for volunteers with the following talents:
- Webdesign. Our site desperately needs an overhaul before the big relaunch. We also need people who can design sassy, engaging, empowering add-ons that keep our site fresh.
- Graphic Design. We need business cards, flyers, and letterhead, to name only a few.
- Mapping Experts. We’re launching on a google map with pins that you can hover over to see details. Our vision is to make these maps completely searchable, to generate maps that are more visually appealing (like heat maps), and to chew these maps up into legislative districts for lobbying.
- iPhone app designers. We’ve got the basic app coming out in June for our beta launch, but we need people who can make upgrades based on user feedback.
- Legal Expertise. We’ve never been sued, and we’d like to keep it that way.
- Search Engine Optimization. Search “hollaback” and we come up #1, even above Gwen Stefani. That’s great if you already know about our project. Search “harassment” or “groped” and all you get is a bunch of depressing news reports. Let’s make it easier for folks.
- SMS text to map. We are launching with an iPhone app, but want to move to allow folks to report their harassment using SMS texting quickly. We understand it’s not easy, but we also know that this will open up the demographic that can Hollaback! significantly.
3. Board Membership.
Between now and September 2010, we are building our founding board. We’re looking for rockstars that are committed to Hollaback’s success. Expertise in technology, start-ups, marketing, legal, and/or event planning is a plus. To be considered, board members must be willing to leverage and engage their networks to advance Hollaback’s mission.
Want to help but don’t see the perfect opportunity for you listed? Contact Emily May at [email protected] I am happy to brainstorm with you on how we can best leverage your talents.