We partner with nonprofit organizations, universities, schools, and companies to find and implement solutions to end harassment.
There are several ways we partner with organizations:
- We collaborate to develop new training or iterate existing training. We offer trainings on bystander intervention, conflict de-escalation, responding to harassment, resilience, and more. We partner with people to adapt our trainings to emerging moments or needs.
- We can train you and your team. We train over 20,000 people per year in collaboration with businesses, universities, and nonprofits.
- We collaborate on resources. We develop resources on harassment — in all it’s forms — and are always open to developing new resources or adapting old ones.
- We collaborate to develop a program. New moments require new programs. We collaborate with organizations seeking to develop new and necessary programmatic responses to harassment.
- We collaborate on research. We’ve collected over 15,000 stories of harassment and collaborate with research institutions to answer emerging and pressing questions related to the experience of harassment.
Here are a few examples of partnerships we’ve engaged in:
- Stand Up: Stand Up is a partnership between L’Oreal Paris and Hollaback! to train 1 million people in bystander intervention globally before the end of 2021.
- Trainings to address anti-Asian/American harassment: We collaborated with Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC to iterate our bystander trainings to respond to a rise in anti-Asian/American harassment. The trainings have reached over 70,000+ people to date.
- Trainings to address Online Harassment: We collaborated with PEN America to iterate our methodology to address harassment in online spaces.
- Communities Against Hate: We partnered with Communities Against Hate to document incidences of harassment in the wake of the 2016 election. The campaign was led by The Leadership Conference Education Fund.
- The People’s Supper: A collaboration between The Dinner Party, Faith Matters Network, and Hollaback!, The People’s Supper sought to bring healing and bridge divides in the wake of the 2016 election. The project is now being led by The Dinner Party.
- Groundbreaking Research: Hollaback! partnered with Cornell University’s ILR School to do groundbreaking research on street harassment including an International Survey on Street Harassment, a report on Service Agency and Union Responses to Street Harassment, and a qualitative study of a Sample of 223 Voices Who Hollaback!
- International Anti-Street Harassment Week: Each year Hollaback! participants in this week of action, led by Stop Street Harassment.
- Free confidential support. We partner with Empower Work to provide a free, confidential support via text for folks facing workplace harassment. To use the service, Text HOLLA to 510-674-1414.
To accomplish our mission, we seek to collaborate with organizations that are values aligned. Though the views of our partners may not always reflect our own, conflict can be generative. We are committed to learning from our partners and supporting mutual growth. To partner with Hollaback!, contact us.